Monday, December 1, 2014

Week Five!

I was in such a hurry last week I didn't even write what week it was! Haha!

Mission Report: Our investigator passed his interview and is getting baptized this Saturday! We're so proud of him! Mission life is hard, but it's so good. We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ... :) This past Sunday we learned in Sunday School how to answer the tough questions that people ask, or that we ourselves may have about the church. The first step is to remember to pray and to search the scriptures. Then the church has great resources on www.mormon.org/faq. And then if the person asking are just wanting to fight, then show them love and don't engage in discussion. Sometimes you can tell if they're not interested in learning if they ask rapid fire questions, ignore your sources, ridicule character, etc. It's hard as a missionary, but we need the gift of discernment -- the ability to tell between those who are ready to hear our message, and those who aren't. I heard it said recently that the only problem with the church is that it's true. :) Just show people love and respect, trust in God, do many good things of your own free will, and it will work out in the end.

Quality of Christ: My companion is helping me develop confidence. Confidence isn't knowing that you're right all the time, but confidence is knowing that Christ will not let you or anyone else down. So I've been working on opening my mouth with confidence. No need to be shy about this wonderful message! I'm terribly awkward, but I'm cheerful about it, so that's good. Haha!

Challenge! Memorize a new scripture that means something to you. This is something that I've been working on. Scriptures bring such a peaceful, hopeful spirit into my heart. Someone once said, 'The more I learn, the more excited I get.' And that's how I feel about the gospel! The more I learn the more excited I get.

Trust in God!
Love,
Sister Rowley