Monday, November 10, 2014

Week Two!

I learned so much this week and I don't even have time to talk about it! Missions keep you so busy!

Challenge:
Pay attention! There are opportunities everywhere. I love hearing experiences of how you're already doing this. So keep it up, and get back up if you have a rough week/day/hour. I am in awe every day of how God places people in our lives at perfect times.

Mission Report:
After church, Sister E was looking to give a book back to a Sister M who we had never met. We said sorry, and parted ways. A few moments later a woman came out of the church kitchen and introduced herself as a Sister M from the other ward. We said a cheerful greeting and parted ways, but then the Spirit poked me, I guess you could say, and I turned back and said, "Wait, are you the Sister M who needs the book from Sister E?" And she was, so we pointed her in the right direction and she almost ran down the hall. Sister E found us later and told us how grateful she was for sending Sister M in her direction.

That was such a small experience, but I was touched because it felt so real and so powerful and so simple to see how God placed us in the right places at the right time to talk to the right people to get that book returned. And if he cares that much about Sister E and Sister M and what they worry about after church, then of course He cares about His lost children who don't even have the blessings we do. So I know my companion and I will find the people we need to.

Quality of Christ:
I've been working on hope like Christ this week. Mosiah 24:13-15. I think the command to 'lift up your head' and 'lift up your heart' to be of good comfort is an action, not an automatic feeling. Sometimes hope doesn't come naturally, to me; I'm a bit pessimistic. Cheerful, but pessimistic about what I can accomplish on my mission. But that's okay! That's what I'm trying to develop. So if my heart hangs down, I push it back up, and keep doing that -- push-ups are the worst, but they're good for arm strength. If we get back up when we get knocked down, we'll have such a strong heart. God will strengthen us, and ease the burdens, and if we submit cheerfully and with patience, we will find Christ! Keep getting back up, keep repenting, and anything is possible.

Love,
Sister Rowley